Roquemore Skierski PLLC tailors legal solutions around client's needs with an watchful eye on the ultimate risk and exposure factors at each stage of representation. Our expertise as trial lawyers provides a sharp legal edge to your business decision tree. Our Firm combines business experience in banking, finance, and real estate with over 25 years of legal experience in commercial litigation, business formation, and real estate among others. We leverage this unique blend of skills to identify and pursue innovative solutions for our clients.
- Commercial Litigation. Our founding attorney, Kelvin Roquemore, is an experienced trial lawyer who brings know how and common sense in representing client interests. Our litigation practice focuses on commercial litigation, real estate litigation, shareholder disputes, buy/sell agreements, securities litigation, employment agreements, vendor agreements, etc., whether oral and written. We combine our technology enhanced processes and a practical approach to legal practice, to help clients realize greater ROI than other firms.
- Debt Collection. Our firm is committed to helping creditors enforce their rights and can facilitate debt collection efforts. Our Internet cloud-based collection platform allows you to securely access and update your files from any device. You can monitor collection progress remotely and provide updated objectives and instructions to us without stepping foot in a physical office. Our system is designed to speed up collection times and maximize return on investment. We can also assist you with seeking, securing, and enforcing collection judgments.
Real Estate Law. We represent investors, developers, and individuals, in the commercial
and/or residential real estate markets involving the following matters:
- Sale and purchase issues or disputes;
- Title curative and clearing clouds on title (adverse possession)
- Real litigation including fraud, breach of contract, and lending disputes;
- Enforcement or removal of mechanic’s liens;
- Lease disputes and landlord-tenant issues;
- Property issues, including easement, zoning, and boundary line disputes;
- Contractors and sub-contractors issues, including perfecting mechanics liens;
- Construction defect claims;
- Negligence, malpractice and other claims against design professionals;
- Home owner association lien defense; and
- Affidavits of heirship and will contests
- Probate/Will Contests. Wills can be challenged on one of several accepted grounds in the state of Texas, including lack of testamentary capacity, fraud, improper execution, and undue influence. We can assist you with challenging the legitimacy of a last will and testament on any of these grounds before and after it has been probated. Our firm is familiar with how these cases are adjudicated and can help you understand potential outcomes.
Commercial Collections. Roquemore Skierski PLLC has developed a vigorous, cost-effective approach
to commercial debt collection. This approach has yielded the best and
fastest results for our clients. We are not a collection agency but we
do represent them. We collect commercial debts for businesses and other
professionals. We offer advice and representation in matters involving:
- Prejudgment writ of attachment
- Commercial credit debt collection
- Commercial collection of secured property
- Commercial collection of unsecured property
- Enforcement of post-judgment rights and remedies
- Prejudgment relief
Business Formation Consultation. Roquemore Skierski, PLLC would welcome the opportunity to guide you through
the business formation process and secure the foundation for the future
of your business. We represent clients statewide and stand ready to help
solidify your business formation plans from concept to implementation
We can start you on the road to success with your small business incorporation plans and offer valuable input along the way in areas ranging from contracts to tax consequences, registration, licensing and permits. We can advise as to tax considerations and represent your interests in the sale or purchase of a business.
Creditor’s Rights Representation/ Debt Collection. We serve as local counsel to creditors, collection agencies, whether foreign company or Texas based. We help enforce creditor rights and improve debt collection ROI. Our Internet cloud-based collection platform allows you to securely access and update your file and stay informed on case status. You can monitor collection progress remotely and provide updated objectives 24/7. Our system is designed to speed up collection times and maximize return on investment. We can also assist you with seeking, securing, and enforcing collection judgments.
Texas Construction Lien Lawyers. We help get contractors and subcontractors paid per the Texas lien laws and the Texas’s Prompt Pay Act. Time is of the essence, do not wait. The Texas lien regime is very specific, time sensitive and strictly construed against a contractor who fails to me the requirements of law. See this blog post. We are well versed in the complex requirements governing preliminary notifications and time limits for filing and perfecting statutory mechanic’s liens and constitutional liens.
Local Counsel. Roquemore Skierski PLLC regularly aid's out-of-area lawyers and clients with local attorneys how can handle court a full range of services- from local appearances to trial on the merits, we do it all. We can assist attorneys seeking admission Pro Hac Vice. During litigation, our Texas local counselors can have as little or as much involvement with the case as may be required. Roquemore Skierski PLLC respects that many clients have built a trusting relationship with their counsel and, as such, will provide lead counsel with assistance by offering litigation support, without imposing on any preexisting client relationship.
- Contract Disputes. We regularly work to protect client’s interests arising under any agreement or contract, both written oral and implied contracts, and litigate actual and anticipatory breaches.