Commercial Litigation Lawyers in Dallas
Representing Businesses in Tarrant County and Throughout Texas
No matter the industry, any business will eventually encounter regulatory obstacles and irreconcilable disputes that may require professional legal assistance. Roquemore Skierski PLLC routinely represents small- to medium-sized business owners, Human Resources officers, compliance officers, financial institutions, and contractors throughout the state of Texas.
Our Dallas commercial litigation lawyers can work to protect your business’s interests in any legal matter or conflict. Our firm’s background in banking, finance, and other corporate endeavors provides us with a unique depth of knowledge and a wide range of skillsets. These invaluable perspectives allow us to pursue customized legal solutions and deliver favorable results for our clients. We have over 20 years of business experience that we are ready to put to work for your firm.
Commercial and Business Service Areas
Our firm can assist your business in a variety of legal areas. We are well-versed in how to navigate matters involving local- and state-level regulatory authorities. Our lawyers are also fierce litigators and can aggressively advocate for your interests in and out of the courtroom.
Our commercial litigation attorneys in Dallas can assist you with matters involving:
- Business Dissolutions. When a business endeavor has run its course or disputes between stakeholders become irreconcilable, you will need to take formal steps to legally dissolve the entity in the eyes of the Texas government. Once a business has been dissolved, it will no longer have to comply with operating or disclosure requirements enforced by the state. We can assist you with filing articles of dissolution with the Texas Secretary of State.
- Partnership Disputes. In a business partnership, 2 or more partners agree to work together in a business endeavor. Many partnerships will include dispute resolution mechanisms in their entity’s formation documents, but even these provisions may not be able to facilitate a resolution in a seemingly irreconcilable conflict. Our firm can assist you in navigating these protracted disputes, which can include allegations of breaches of fiduciary duty and disagreements about the future of the company. We can review your entity’s formation documents and operating agreements and help you and your partners’ rights in these delicate situations.
- Commercial Litigation. Some business conflicts will require litigation to resolve if a compromise cannot be negotiated. Our firm’s attorney is an accomplished litigator that is familiar with how many types of commercial disputes are litigated in the state of Texas. No matter the nature or severity of the conflict, we can help you explore all of your legal options and will vigorously work to secure a favorable outcome in your case.
- State Licensing. Many businesses will need to procure licenses and permits from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR). Our firm is familiar with how to efficiently move through TDLR systems and can help you cut through red tape when seeking approvals and professional licenses. We can also represent you in hearings before state regulatory authorities.
- Administrative Agency Representation. Texas operates numerous administrative agencies that oversee a variety of areas impacting businesses operating in the state. Many companies will need to interact and maintain positive working relationships with the administrative agencies relevant to their industry. Our firm is familiar with many of the state’s administrative agencies and can represent you in all communications.
- Local Government Issues. Businesses may also encounter obstacles presented by local government regulatory bodies, including issues involving land use, zoning, and environmental concerns. Our firm is deeply involved in our Texas community and understands how these issues are raised, negotiated, and resolved. We can assist you with efficiently navigating any type of local government issue.
- Contractual Disputes. Legally enforceable agreements govern your business’s relationships with employees, contractors, suppliers, clients, customers, and other companies. A robust contract will explicitly outline each party’s obligations in an arrangement. In some cases, the meaning and intention of contractual language can be subject to conflicting interpretations. Our firm can assist you with navigating these scenarios and help pursue legal action if your contractual rights have been violated.
- Lien Enforcement. Contractors, subcontractors, and construction professionals have the right to attach, perfect, and enforce mechanics liens on properties they work on. When a mechanics lien has been perfected, it encumbers a property and can be leveraged to collect withheld payment. By enforcing a lien, you file a foreclosure lawsuit that can result in the sale of the encumbered property. We can assist with perfecting and enforcing mechanics liens and will do everything possible to help recover what you are owed.